Recent Web Publications
Professor Arun C Mehta worked in the Government of India’s premier institution, namely the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi for almost forty years during which he had written extensively on different aspects of educational planning, EMIS, use of indicators in education, projections and forecasting of enrolment. His entire list of contributions can be seen at Education For All in India.
Post superannuation, Prof Arun C Mehta continued to write on different aspects of school education in India and data analysis as and when a new data set is released. He has extensively written on Unified District Information System for Education+, especially after the responsibility of the same is assigned to the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education.
In this regard, he studied different aspects of UDISE+ through How much we gain: a case study of UDISE+, Status of school education: analysis of UDISE+ 2019-20 & 2020-21 data, Is India moving towards privatization of school education, the decline in school enrolment in India a cause of concern?. In addition, his observations on UDISE+ data were also widely published in both print and electronic media.
Prof. Mehta has also critically reviewed Performance Grading Index (PGI), Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) indices, and School Education Quality Index. In addition, he critically reviewed the planning methodology being followed in preparing an annual work plan under one of the ongoing flagship programs of the Government of India, namely the Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan.
He has also undertaken a detailed analysis of recent 75th Round NSSO data about the status of school education in India. He also undertook a detailed review of whether it would be possible for India to achieve a 50 percent GER at a higher education level by 2035 as envisaged in the National Education Policy 2020. Observations on Projections & Trends of School Enrolment by 2022 undertaken recently by NCERT (2022) has alo been presented.
More specifically, the following articles have been web-published recently and are made available at Education for All in India, created and maintained by Arun C Mehta
- Samagra Shiksha INDIA Report Card: 2021-22 [New]
- UDISE+ 2021-22 Report: Highlights by Arun C Mehta on Flash Statistics
- UDISE+ 2021-22 Report Highlights by Arun C Mehta [Download Full Length PDF Report]
- Recent U-DISE Data & Analysis: 2018-19
- Comments of Prof. Arun C Mehta on UDISE-plus 2019-20
- Media Coverage of comments of Prof. Arun C Mehta on UDISE-plus 2020-21
- How much we gain: A Case of U-DISE-Plus?
- Rise & Fall of UDISE: The Untold Story
- Downloading of UDISE Data
- Revamping SDMIS In-sync with UDISE+ 2022-23
- 11-Digit UDISE+ School ID is No More Unique for Data Users & Researchers
- What is logic in hiding UDISE+ 11-digit Id
- Samagra Shiksha State Report Card: Bihar, 2020-21
- Dose UDISE+ Underestimates School dropout Rates?
School Education in India, Current Status based on UDISE Data
- Is Decline in School Enrolment in India a cause for concern?
- Is India moving towards privatization of school education?
- Status of School Education in India in the Light of Recent UDISE+ 2018-19 Data
- Quick Analysis of UDISE+ 2020-21 Data
- UDISE+ 2020-21 Data : Samagra Shiksha
- Strengthening Educational Management Information System in India through U-DISE (A Story of its Evolution)
- Status of School Education in Bihar: 2020-21
- Full length PDF article on Status of School Education in Bihar:where do we stand? 2020-21
- Full length PDF article : Dose UDISE+ underestimates School Dropout Rates?
- School Dropout State-wise between 2020-21 & 2021-22
- State-wise School Dropout between 2020-21 & 2021-22 (PDF)
Status of School Education in India: NSSO & NFHS
- An Analysis of NSSO 75th Round Survey on Status of School Education in India
- Patterns of Decline in Enrolment & its Implications for Universal Secondary Education in India: An In- depth Analysis of U-DISE 2016-17 Data
- Brief Analysis of NFHS-5: 2019-21
- Has Enrolment Projections in School Education in India become history?
- Understanding School Education through Enrolment Ratios
- Planning under Samagra Shiksha: School Education in India
- Meaning of Universalisation in the Light of the National Policy on Education 2020
- Decoding UDISE+ 2021-22 Enrolment Ratios: Samagra Shiksha
- Decoding UDISE+ 2021-22 Enrolment Ratios: Samagra Shiksha [PDF]
Comments on NITI Aayog Indices
- My views on NITI Aayog Health 2019-20 Index
- Observations on Report on SDG 4 (3.0): Quality Education (2020-21)
- Observations on Performance Grading Index
- Observations on School Education Quality Index (SEQI)
Higher Education in India
- Is Fifty Percent Increase in Higher Education Enrolment by 2035 Possible? (PDF)
- Is 50% GER in Higher Education in India in 2035 Possible?
- National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) & World University Ranking (WUR) 2022
- Do we have or do not have child workers?
- India to Cross China population in 2023
- National Achievement Survey 2021
- Education in the Union Budget 2022-23: A Note
- Points to consider before buying Insurance in India
- Observation on Projections & Trends of School Enrolment by 2025 (NCERT 2022)
- Online Digital Learning: Are we ready?
- Forty Years of Prof Arun C Mehta at NIEPA, New Delhi
- Download Full e-Book, Forty Years of Arun C Mehta at NIEPA
- Video Recording of Release Function of e-Book, Forty Years of Arun C Mehta at NIEPA: 1980 to 2019
Watch this space for more detailed analysis of different aspects of school education in India.