MODULES FOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF EDUCATIONAL DATA
In this section modules on Quantitative Aspects of Educational Planning is presented. A set of 12-modules on district planning were developed under the leadership of Prof. N.V Varghese iwho is at present the Vice-Chancellor of apex educational planning institute of the country, namely NIEPA which were extensively used during the plan formulation under the District Primary Education Programme launched by the Government of India with the support from the World Bank in 1994. Most of these 12-modules were developed by the Faculty of NIEPA.
Later during 2000-01, GOI launched Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan programme with an aim to first achieve UPE and thereafter UEE but neither DPEO Modules were revised nor new modules were developed for plan formulation under SSA in the absence of which individuals at their own developed modules and written articles on use of indicators and data analysis which were extensively used by the district and state planning teams across the country in formulating plans. No such efforts were made when RMSA (except guideline) was launched in 2009 or at present when Samagra Shiksha was launched in 2018. As it seems the same has been launched in a hurry without preparation and even without knowing limitations of such programmes implemented in the recent past.
- Introduction to Modules
- Methodology of Planning for Education
- Demographic Aspects of Educational Planning
- Information Requirements for Formulating Elementary Education Plan
- Indicators of Education Development
- Projections of Population and Enrolment
- Table 7 & 8 of Population and Enrolment Module
- Setting Plan Targets
- Measures of Inequalities
- Can there be Alternative Indicators of Enrolment
- Introduction to Child-Tracking System & True Cohort Analysis
- Planning under Samagra Shiksha: School Education in India