Masters in Arts Launched by NIEPA, New Delhi (MAED)
The MA program at NIEPA is full-time, and students must complete 60 credits. The program is divided into the core curriculum and the electives. The core curriculum includes courses on educational theory, policy, and practice, as well as development and social change courses. In addition to coursework, students in the MA program at NIEPA are also required to complete a research project. The research project allows students to apply the knowledge & skills they learned in the program to real-world problems.
The Job Opportunities
The MA program at NIEPA is competitive, and admission is based on a combination of various modes, including academic performance, work experience, and letters of recommendation. The MA program at NIEPA prepares students for various careers in education, development, and public policy. Graduates of the program have worked in various settings, including schools, government agencies, NGOs, and research institutions. Most scholars who have attained Ph.D. degrees from NIEPA are placed in Universities & organizations of repute.
Some of the benefits of pursuing an MA in Education and Development from NIEPA: A solid academic foundation in education and development, the opportunity to research a real-world problem, a chance to network with experts in the field, access to a wide range of resources, including libraries, laboratories, and research centers, potential to pursue a career in education, development, or public policy, etc.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in education or development, the MA program at NIEPA is an excellent option. The program offers a solid academic foundation, the opportunity to conduct research, and the chance to network with experts in the field.
NIEPAs MA Vs. PhD/Mphil Programmes
NIEPA also offers Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs in Educational Policy, Planning, and Administration. The main difference between the two programs is the level of specialization and research required NIEPA’s Ph.D. program is a four-year program that is designed to prepare students for careers in research & teaching. Students in the Ph.D. program take courses in various areas, including educational theory, research methods, and policy analysis. They also complete a dissertation, which is a research project that makes a significant contribution to the field of educational policy, planning, and administration.
Eligibility for MAED
- The Applicants should have recognized a 3-year or 4-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline; &
- The minimum age limit for admission to MAED is 21 years, & the maximum is 65 years for admission.
Mode of Application
Online & the following documents are required to submit online at the time of filling up the admission application:
- 10 Class mark sheets and certificate
- 12 Class mark sheet and certificate
- The undergraduate mark sheet and degree certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/Persons with Disabilities certificates, if applicable
- NOC from employer, if working; and
- Fee payment/submission receipt
The admission to MAED will be based on a National Level Entrance Test followed by personal interviews. The online written test will have both MCQ and Essay[type questions.
- Syllabi for MCQ: Quantitative aptitude, research aptitude, logical reasoning, comprehension, digital technology
- Syllabi for Essay-type Questions: Educational policies and practices, data analysis and interpretations, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Right to Education (RTE), education of disadvantaged, developmental issues and challenges
- Call for the Applications May 22, 2023
- Closure for Application Submission June 28, 2023
- Written Test July 07, 2023
- Personal Interviews July 14, 2023
- Declaration of Final Results July 21, 2023
- Admissions July 26, 2023
- Commencement of the Classes July 31, 2023
Always visit the following web pages for the authentic details of the MAED program of NIEPA.
- NIEPA, New Delhi
- MAED Admission Form
- MAED Announcement by NIEPA
- MAED Flier 2023
- MAED Prospects 2023 by NIEPA
NIEPA’s Other Prestigious Programmes