Educational Planning in India: Concept and Methodology
Introduction: Educational Planning: Concept
In this section details of institutions offer training and capacity building in the area of educational planning both at the National level as well as at the International level has been presented. IIEP, Paris is the Apex institution set-up by the UNESCO as as the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi also set-up initially by the UNESCO but later on taken over by the Ministry of Education and established as an autonomous institute which is located at New Delhi (India). In India, DIETs and SIEMATs are the other institutions which are set-up by the Government of India respectively at the district and state level. SIEMATs have been established on the pattern of NIEPA.
On the other hand, NCERT also established by the Government of India to take care of curriculum, text books, syllabus, capacity building of teachers etc. with regard to school education in India. Each state and Ut in the country also have SCERT/SIE or similar institutions established on the pattern of NCERT at the national level. Details of some of these institutions is presented in this section of Education For All in India.
- International Institute of Educational Planning (IIEP), Paris
- National Institute of Education Planning & Administration
- State Institutes of Educational Management and Training (SIMAT)
National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT)
The National Council of Educational Research & Training, is established by the Government of India as an autonomous organization in 1961. Its primary aim is to improve the quality of school education in India by producing and publishing textbooks, educational kits, and other related material for students and teachers. NCERT also conducts research on various aspects of education and provides training and consultancy services to educational institutions across the country.
NCERT’s primary mandate is to promote and develop quality education in India, and it has been successful in achieving this goal over the past six decades. The textbooks and educational material produced by NCERT are widely used in schools across the country, and they are recognized for their high quality and relevance. NCERT textbooks are written in a simple and easy-to-understand language, which makes them accessible to students of all levels.
NCERT textbooks cover a wide range of subjects, including science, mathematics, social science, language, and literature. They are designed to meet the learning needs of students from primary to senior secondary levels. NCERT textbooks are updated regularly to incorporate the latest developments and trends in the respective fields, ensuring that the material is always relevant and up-to-date.
Apart from producing textbooks, NCERT also conducts research on various aspects of education. This research helps in identifying the challenges and opportunities in the field of education and provides guidance for developing appropriate policies and strategies to address them. NCERT’s research also helps in identifying best practices and innovative approaches to teaching and learning, which can be adopted by schools across the country.
NCERT provides training and consultancy services to educational institutions across the country. It offers training programs for teachers and school administrators to enhance their skills and knowledge in teaching and managing schools. NCERT also provides consultancy services to educational institutions for developing appropriate pedagogical approaches and implementing effective teaching and learning strategies.
NCERT has played a significant role in promoting the use of technology in education. It has developed educational software and online resources that can be accessed by students and teachers from anywhere in the country. NCERT’s e-learning portal, ePathshala, provides digital resources, including textbooks, audio and video material, and interactive multimedia content, for students and teachers.
In conclusion, NCERT is an essential institution in India’s education system. Its contribution to improving the quality of school education in India is significant and has been recognized nationally and internationally. The textbooks and educational material produced by NCERT have become a benchmark for quality in the field of education. NCERT’s research, training, and consultancy services have helped in identifying best practices and innovative approaches to teaching and learning, which can be adopted by schools across the country. NCERT’s efforts to promote the use of technology in education have made learning more accessible and engaging for students and teachers
- District Institutes of Educational Training (DIET)
- Report of Training Programme on Using Indicators in Planning Elementary Education
- Diploma in Educational Planning & Administration (DEPA:) Curricular Guide
- Diploma in Educational Planning & Administration (DEPA): Curricular Guide, 2009-10
- Curriculum Guide: International Diploma in Educational Planning & Administration (IDEPA, NUEPA), 2015
- Handbook: Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Planning & Administration (PGDEPA, NUEPA), 2015
- Modules for Quantitative Analysis of Educational Data
- Education under Five Year Plans (Planning Commission)
- Setting Plan Target: School Education
- Guidelines for Data Analysis & Information Use, MANGO Project
- Understanding School Education through Enrolment Ratios
- Public-Private Mix in Secondary Education in India 2022: N K Mohanty
- Is decline in school enrolment in india a cause of conecern by Arun C Mehta
- Softwares for Educational Planners
- Training in Educational Planning in India & Abroad
- Thematic Maps: PopMap
- Samagra Shiksha INDIA Report Card 2021-22
- Decoding UDISE+ 2021-22 Enrolment Ratios: Samagra Shiksha
- Decoding UDISE+ 2021-22 Enrolment Ratios: Samagra Shiksha [PDF]
- Computing Uncomputed Indicators in Responce to NEPA 2020
- Computing Uncomputed Indicators in Response to NEP 2020 [Full Length PDF]