Home: School Education in India: Samagra Shiksha
Free and compulsory education to all children up to the age of fourteen is a constitutional commitment in India. The Parliament of India had passed the Right to Education Act in 2009 through which education has become a fundamental right of all children of the age group 6-14 years. Site presents details of Samagra Shiksha-School-Education.
Efforts made by the Central and State Governments have resulted in an increase in enrolment but the goal of universal school education in the real sense is still a far distant dream. Unless the efficiency of the primary level of education is improved the higher levels of education cannot be expected to receive a quantum jump in enrolment.
- National Achievement Survey 2021
- Education in the Union Budget 2022-23: A Note by Arun C Mehta
- My views on NITI Aayog Health 2019-20 Index
- Is India moving towards privatisation of school education?
- Is Decline in School Enrolment in India a Cause of Concern?
- Students Useful Tips & Apps
- Media Coverage & comments of Prof. Arun C Mehta on UDISE-plus 2019-20
- An Analysis of NSSO 75th Round Survey on Status of School Education in India-by-aruncmehta
- Is 50% GER at Higher Education in 2035 Possible
- Observations on Report on SDG 4 (3.0): Quality Education (2020-21)
- Performance Grading Index: Observations by Arun C Mehta
- Recent U-DISE Data & Analysis: 2018-19
- How Much we Gained: A Case of U-DISE-Plus
- Rise & Fall of UDISE: The Untold Story
- Has Enrolment Projections in School Education become the history?
- Status of School Education in India in the Light of Recent UDISE+ 2018-19 Data
- Planning under Samagra Shiksha: School Education in India
- Strengthening Educational Management Information System in India through U-DISE(A Story of its Evolution)
- Recent Publications of Prof. Arun C Mehta
- School Education Quality Index (SEQI): Observations by Arun C Mehta
- Patterns of Decline in Enrolment & its Implications for Universal Secondary Education in India: An In- depth Analysis of U-DISE 2016-17 Data by Arun C Mehta