NIEPA Dimond Jubilee Celebrations 22nd November 2022
The Apex Educational Planning Institute, the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, NIEPA, recently celebrated the Diamond Jubilee function on 22nd November 2022 (1962 to 2022) at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. Initially, UNESCO established NIEPA for ten years, which the Government of India later took over. Academicians regard NIEP at par with another UNESCO institute, International Institute for Education Planning, Paris.
NIEPA is now deemed to be University and recently regained its present name; for a short period, it was named the National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA). It is located in South Delhi, adjacent to IIT Delhi.
Shri Bhushan Patwardhan, Chairman of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council Executive Committee, delivered the keynote address. The function was presided over by Shri Mahesh Chandra Pant, Chancellor of NIEPA. In the beginning, the Vice Chancellor of NIEPA, and an outstanding academician, Prof. N. V. Varghese, welcomed the guests. Prof. Aarti Srivastava, the Chairperson of the Committee, constituted for Diamond Jubilee Celebrations’ proposed vote of thanks.
The Opening function was followed by an impressive cultural program performed by the students, faculty members, and staff of NIEPA.
The Brochure of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations brought out by NIEPA presents a set of eleven articles covering areas in which NIEPA contributed significantly from 1060 to 2022, which are authored by its present and former faculty members.
- NIEPA and National Education Policy 2020 by K. Kasturirangan
- NIEPA and the 1986 National Policy on Education: A Retrospective by Brahm Prakash
- NIEPA and the Making of the Right to Education Act 2009 by Nalini Juneja
- NIEPA Leading Decentralization of Planning in Education by N. V. Varghese
- Creating Large Scale Database: A Success Story of UDISE by Arun C. Mehta
- Internationalisation of Education by Sudhanshu Bhushan
- Capacity Development in Less Develop Countries: Role of NIEPA by K. Sujatha
- National Centre for School Leadership: A Journey towards Excellence by Rashmi Diwan
- Financing of Education by Jandhyala B.G.Tilak
- Technology Integration in Education- NIEPA’s Unique Style by Marmar Mukhopadhyay
- Digging Deep: Digital Archives in NIEPA by A. Mathew
- NIEPA Diamond Jubilee Brochure [PDF]
- Creating Large Scale Database: A Success Story of UDISE by Prof. Arun C Mehta [PDF]
Please refer the documents from the original source and give complete reference of material used.