Complete Contribution of Arun C Mehta: 1980 to 2019
Recent Web Publications of Arun C Mehta: 2019 (August) to 2022
Arun C Mehta
Formerly Professor & Head of EMIS Department
National Institute of Educational Planning & Administration, New Delhi
Professor Arun C Mehta who worked in the Government of India’s one of the premier institutions, namely National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi for almost forty years during which he written extensively on different aspects of educational planning. His entire list of contributions can be seen at Education For All in India.
Post superannuation, Prof Arun C Mehta continued to write on different aspects of school education in India and data analysis as and when new data is released. Recently he has extensively written on Unified District Information System for Education+, especially after the responsibility of the same is being assigned to Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education.
In this regard, he studied different aspects of UDISE+ through, How much we gain: a case study of UDISE+, Status of school education: analysis of UDISE+ 2019-20 data, Is India moving towards privatisation of school education: analysis of coverage of schools under UDISE+ 2019-20, decline in school enrolment in India a cause of concern?. In addition, his observations on UDISE+ data was also widely published in both print and electronic media.
Prof. Mehta has also critically reviewed Performance Grading Index (PGI), Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) indices and School Education Quality Index (SEQI). In addition, he critically reviewed planning methodology being followed in preparing annual work plan under the one of the ongoing flagship programmes of the Government of India, namely the Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan.
He has also undertaken detailed analysis of recent 75th Round NSSO data with regard to status of school education in India. He also undertaken a detailed review of whether it would be possible for India to achieve a 50 percent GER at higher education level by 2035 as envisaged in National Education Policy 2020.
Currently Prof. Mehta is working on indicators of educational development which has become essential in view of far reaching recommendations of National Education Policy 2020 with regard to School Structure in Inndia.
More specifically, the following articles have been web-published recently and are made available at Education for All in India, created and being maintained by Arun C Mehta.
While working at NIEPA, the EMIS Department headed by Prof. Mehta was the recepient of many national and regional awards.
Forty Years of Arun C Mehta at NIEPA: 1980 to 2019, published on Amazon & Google Books, October 2021
- How Much We Gained: A Case of U-DISE+
- Status of School Education in India in the Light of Recent UDISE+ 2018-19 Data
- Planning under Samagra Shiksha: School Education in India
- Observations on Performance Grading Index (PGI) Comments
- An Analysis of NSSO 75th Round Survey on Status of School Education in India
- Is 50% GER at Higher Education in 2035 Possible
- Observations on Report on SDG 4 (3.0): Quality Education (2020-21)
- Recent U-DISE Data & Analysis: 2018-19
- Is Enrolment Projections in School Education become the history?
- School Education Quality Index (SEQI): Observations
- Is India moving towards privatisation of school education?
- Is decline in school enrolment in India a cause of concern?
- Brief Analysis of National Achievement Survey (NAS 2021)
- RISE & Fall of UDISE: The Untold Story
- Brief about NFHS-5