What are the major objectives of Samagra Shiksha Scheme?
The major objectives of the Scheme are:
• Support State and UTs in implementing the recommendations of the National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020),
• Support States in implementation of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009;
• Focus on Early Childhood Care and Education;
• Emphasis on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy;
• Thrust on Holistic, Integrated, Inclusive and activity based Curriculum and Pedagogy to impart 21st century skills among the students;
• Provision of quality education and enhancing learning outcomes of students;
• Bridging Social and Gender Gaps in School Education; Ensuring equity and inclusion at all levels of school education;
• Strengthening and up-gradation of State Councils for Educational Research and Training (SCERTs)/State Institutes of Education and District Institutes for Education and Training (DIET) as a nodal agency for teacher training;
• Ensuring safe, secure and conducive learning environment and minimum standards in schooling provisions and
• Promoting vocational education.