The Government of India has taken several initiatives to improve education in India. These initiatives include:
- The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) aims to provide free and compulsory education to all children between the ages of 6 and 14.
- The Mid-day Meal Scheme provides schoolchildren free meals to improve their attendance and nutrition.
- The Right to Education Act guarantees the right to education to all children between the ages of 6 and 14.
- The National Education Policy 2020 aims to transform the education system in India and make it more relevant to the needs of the 21st century.
- These initiatives have had some success in improving education in India. However, there is still a long way to go to address the education system’s challenges.